- 1. Scope and acceptance
- 2. Personal data collected by abcoffee®
- 3. Children’s personal data
- 4. Why abcoffee® collects personal data and how it uses it
- 5. Sharing of personal data by abcoffee®
- 6. Your rights
- 7. Data security and retention
- 8. How to contact us
- 9. Scope and acceptance of this Privacy Notice
2. Data collected by abcoffee®
- Online and electronic interactions with us, including via abcoffee® site;
- Offline interactions with us, including via direct marketing campaigns, hard copy registration cards, competition entries and contacts through abcoffee® consumer services call centres;
- Your interaction with online targeted content (such as advertisements) that abcoffee®, or service providers on our behalf, provide to you via third party websites or applications.
- Personal contact information, including any information allowing abcoffee® to contact you in person (e.g. name, home or (e)mail address, and phone number);
- Demographic information, including date of birth, age, gender, location (e.g. zip code, city and state and geo-location), favourite products, hobbies, interests, and household or lifestyle information;
- Payment information, including to make purchases (e.g. credit card number, expiration date, billing address);
- Account login information, including any information that is required for you to establish a user account with abcoffee® (e.g. login ID/email, user name, password and security question/answer);
- Consumer feedback, including information that you share with abcoffee® about your experience in using abcoffee® products and services (e.g. your comments and suggestions, testimonials and other feedback related to abcoffee® products);
- Consumer-generated content, including any content (e.g. photos, videos and personal stories) that you create and then share with abcoffee® (and perhaps others) by uploading it to abcoffee®
- personal contact information;
- any personal data that is part of your profile on a third party social network (e.g. Facebook) and that you allow that third party social network to share with us (e.g. name, email address, gender, birthday, city, profile picture, user ID, friend list). You can learn more about the data that we may obtain about you by visiting the website of the relevant third party social network.
3. Children’s personal data
4. Why abcoffee® collects personal data and how it uses it
- Account maintenance – to create and maintain your accounts with us, including administering any consumer loyalty or rewards programs that are associated with your account.
- Consumer service – to provide you with consumer service, including responses to your inquiries, complaints and general feedback about our products. Consumer service may be provided through various forms of communication, including via email, letter, telephone and online chat features.
- Consumer engagement – to get you more actively engaged with our products and services. This may involve the use or publication of consumer-generated content.
- Personalisation – abcoffee® may combine personal data about you collected from one source (e.g. a website) with data collected from another source (e.g. an offline event). This provides abcoffee® with a more complete view of you as a consumer, which, in turn, allows abcoffee® to serve you better and with greater personalisation, including in respect of the following:
- Websites – to improve and personalise your experience on websites, using data such as account login information, technical computer information, and/or previous website usage information;
- Products – to improve abcoffee®’s products, tailor them to your needs and come up with new product ideas. This includes the use of demographic information, consumer profiling information and consumer feedback;
- Interest-based advertising – to serve you advertisements tailored to your interests. One way abcoffee® does this is to match activities or information collected on abcoffee® Sites with data collected about you on third party sites (i.e. data-matching). This type of advertising is also known as “online behavioural advertising” or “targeted advertising”. Such personalisation is typically performed via cookies or similar technologies.
- Marketing communications – to provide you with marketing communications where you have opted-in to receiving such communications (including information about abcoffee®, its products and services, competitions and promotions). These can be shared via electronic means (e.g. SMS, emails and online advertising) and via post.
If you opt-in to receiving SMS, your mobile service provider’s policy for receiving SMS will apply, which may be at a fee.
- Social features – to offer you a number of social features, including the following: Website community features on abcoffee® site – When you visit abcoffee® site with a community feature and upload or share recipes, pictures, videos, artwork or other content, abcoffee® may use and display the personal data that you share on such sites.
- Website viral features – abcoffee® may use your personal data to offer you website viral features, such as a tell-a-friend program, where you can share certain news, product information, promotions or other content with family and friends. This typically requires the collection and use of personal contact information (e.g. names and emails) so that the selected one-time message/content can be delivered to their recipients. Third party social networking – abcoffee® may use your personal data from when you interact with third party social networking features such as “Facebook Connect” or “Facebook Like”. These features may be integrated on abcoffee® site including for purposes such as running contests and allowing you to share content with friends. If you use these features, abcoffee® may have the ability to obtain certain personal data about you from your social networking information. You can learn more about how these features work, and the profile data abcoffee® may obtain about you, by visiting the website of the relevant third party social network.
- Other specific purposes – We may use your personal data for other specific business purposes, including to maintain the day-to-day operation and security of abcoffee® site, to conduct demographic studies or audits, and to contact you for consumer research.
5. Sharing of personal data by abcoffee®
6. Your rights
- (a) following the instructions for opt-out in the relevant marketing communication;
- (b) if you have an account with abcoffee®, you may have the option to change your opt-in/opt-out preferences under the relevant edit-account section of the account; or (c) contacting us. Please note that even if you opt-out from receiving marketing communications, you may still receive administrative communications from abcoffee®, such as order confirmations and notifications about your account activities (e.g. account confirmations and password changes).
7. Data security and retention
- Secure operating environments – abcoffee® stores your data in secure operating environments and only accessible to abcoffee® employees, agents and contractors on a need-to-know basis. abcoffee® also follows generally accepted industry standards in this respect.
- Encryption for payment information – abcoffee® uses industry- standard encryption to provide protection for sensitive financial information, such as credit card information sent over the Internet (e.g. when you make payments through abcoffee®’s online store).
- Prior authentication for account access – abcoffee® requires its registered consumers to verify their identity (e.g. login ID and password) before they can access or make changes to their account. This is aimed to prevent unauthorized accesses. Please note that these protections do not apply to personal data you choose to share in public areas such as on community websites.
8. Contact us
Address: abcoffee®, Rua Duque de Loulé 201, 4000-325 Porto, Portugal.
Copyright© dezembro de 2019 abcoffee®